Friday, September 22, 2023



Here are five did you know facts for Halloween:


1. Did you know that the first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips? They were thought to symbolize the souls of the dead and ward off evil spirits.




2. Did you know that Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas? Americans spend over $9 billion on Halloween every year.



3. Did you know that Halloween is short for “Hallows’ Eve” or “Hallows’ Evening”? It refers to the night before All Saints’ Day, a Christian holiday that honors all saints and martyrs.


4. Did you know that the world record for the heaviest pumpkin is held by Mathias Willemijns from Belgium and his 2,624.6-pound pumpkin? He grew it in 2016 and it is still unbeaten.



5. Did you know that there is a phobia called Samhainophobia, which is the fear of Halloween? It sometimes presents itself with related phobias, such as phasmophobia (the fear of ghosts), wiccaphobia (the fear of witchcraft), and nyctophobia (the fear of darkness)


Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate your time and attention. 😊

I hope you enjoyed my posts and learned something new or interesting. I love writing about various topics and sharing my thoughts and opinions with you. Your feedback and comments are always welcome and valuable to me.

If you liked my blog, please consider subscribing to it or following me on social media. You can also share my blog with your friends and family who might be interested in it. This will help me reach more people and grow my audience.

I am always looking for new ideas and suggestions for my blog. If you have any, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you and write about what you want to read.

Thank you again for reading my blog. You are awesome! Stay tuned for more updates and posts from me. Have a wonderful day! 🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment

         "Little House on the Prairie: A Peek into the Whimsical World of Laura Ingalls Wilder" Step back in time, dear reader, to...