Monday, July 11, 2022

Introducing The Birds Nest!!!

 Welcome to our RV travel blog! We are a family of 3 birds my wife Julie and myself Byron!

We will be traveling to a lot of Thousand Trails sites as well as some others all while sharing. Today we are at Lake Tawakoni. The park is run very well and peaceful for the most part. We did have a family that decided to fight with each other fueled by alcohol as most fights are. The rangers handle it in a quick fashion and peace was restored! ✌ There are 2 pools as well as 2 club houses within walking distance. 

The rest of the park is business as usual. 


We travel with 3 birds from the Parrot family. Pumpkin is a 10-year-old Sun Conure who loves to travel and go anywhere. He loves to just hang out or even watch a movie. He was my wife's bird first, but he became mine by his own choice.  Birds will choose their person. Next is Apples a Yellow Napped Amazon. She is 6 years old and was our problem child. We rescued her when she was 9 months old. She had been abused as a baby and was a fighting mess when we got her. One of her toes were cut off to her knuckle and her wings were cut to the blood feathers. She hated men and I was no exception. She bit me with a great deal of force and would not come near me for 4 years. My wife and her bonded and they were in love and inseparable! She now sings 4 or 5 songs and talks like I have never heard before in my life. She answers in my wife's voice and makes it a little funny when asking for things I want. Good example was I was on the scout for a mustang!!! I found one and wanted to go see it. I said can we go see this particular car and I got a yeah. I got a shower and got ready only to find that my wife was still sitting on the couch. 

She had no clue what I was talking about when I said are you going to get ready to go see the car. It was Apples! 

Our third bird is Sage. She is a Mini Hahns Macaw. She is a pill at just 2 years old now. She calls me papa and blows kisses at me. She is also mine as I wanted her so bad when she was just a baby. Bug eyed little thing was still being fed with a syringe. We brought her home with the permission of the pet store as long as we brought her in for checkups. We agreed. My wife fed her most of the time and I bonded with her right way. She was so easy at first but quickly became a biter. Like a needle piercing the skin and boy we would bleed. She is now a lot better and only sometimes has a spell where she lashes out.

My wife and I are in love and have been for 21 years. We have been married 20 of those years and she 
is my whole world.  I can't wait to see her in the morning and miss her when we sleep! We are traveling with our babies and seeing parts of the country together. I am a first-time blogger and hope to bring you content you can enjoy and if you have ever wondered about RV life, this may help!!!

This is a little introduction and hope you like us and follow our journey! 



















Sincerely,

Birds Nest Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

         "Little House on the Prairie: A Peek into the Whimsical World of Laura Ingalls Wilder" Step back in time, dear reader, to...